The Foamex Diamond Pod system complies with all relevant Australian Building Codes and Standards.
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Strong & durable
- Long Term R-value (thermal value)
- Low water absorption
- Made from fire retardant grade raw material
- Comparatively inert and dimensionally stable
- Produces no ozone depleting gases - CFC and VOC free
- Manufactured in Australia with dedicated pod machines
- Complying with all relevant Australian Building Codes & Standards
As a key member of Expanded Polystyrene Australia (EPSA), Foamex are committed to supplying EPS blocks that are only made with fire retardant material. Unlike cheap imports, Foamex Diamond Pods are manufactured using a fire retardant grade raw material to significantly reduce the risk of fire, improve personal and public safety and offer better property protection.
The unique size and shape of the Diamond Pod offers optimal support for foot traffic during construction - setting out the pods, placing the reinforcing steel and pouring the concrete. The foam deck of the Diamond Pod is thicker than other waffle pods, and additional material is compacted into the base during the moulding process, meaning a concreter's boot is supported by the deck which spreads the load across a minimum of four support pillars.
The design of Foamex Diamond Pods matched with the patented Minuteman moulding machine creates a much more uniform and high strength pod, ideal for production and for the end user.